Holy Cross Health provides a caring and healing environment for each of our patients. We know patients benefit greatly from the loving support of visitors who help them on their way to recovery.
We kindly ask that visitors abide by our visiting guidelines to ensure the well-being and safety of all our patients.
Guidelines for Visitors
- Holy Cross Hospital offers open visiting hours, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The health care staff may make exceptions based on the patient’s condition or need. Some units have specific criteria for visiting patients. Please discuss overnight stays with the patient’s nurse.
- Visitor badges are distributed at the information desk and must be displayed at all times while in the hospital.
- Children under 12 years of age must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times while visiting the hospital. The supervising adult must be someone other than the patient. Individual units may have specific or additional criteria for children visiting. Check with the nurse.
- In consideration of patients sharing semi-private rooms:
- Each patient may have up to two visitors at a time.
- Cell phone use should take place outside the patient room, in an unrestricted area.
- When using audio devices, please use earphones.
- To ensure privacy, visitors may be requested to leave the patient’s room during procedures or treatments.
- We ask visitors who have had recent exposure to a communicable disease or exhibit signs and symptoms such as fever, undiagnosed rash or cough, or nasal discharge, to postpone their visit until they are healthy.
- Hospital computers are for staff use only.
- We ask that visitors not record or photograph hospital staff or the patient without their permission. If patients are unable to make decisions for themselves, permission must be obtained from the surrogate decision-maker.
- The in-room bathroom is for patient use. Visitors may use the bathroom located along the hallway of their unit