Spine Care Program Treats Common and Uncommon Spine Conditions
Holy Cross Hospital's spine care team treats many types of back and neck problems in adults. We diagnose and treat patients with complaints of neck pain and headache, lower back pain, and herniated disk symptoms, such as low back and leg pain known as lumbar radiculopathy.
Degenerative Conditions: We care for patients with such degenerative conditions as:
- Cervical or lumbar spinal stenosis
- Herniated cervical (neck) disk
- Herniated lumbar (back) disk
- Osteophytes, also called bone spurs
Inherited Spine Problems: We evaluate and treat patients with such inherited problems as scoliosis and adult deformity of the spine - and spine problems related to growing older, such osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
Back Injury and Mechanical Conditions: Complete evaluation and treatment is available for patients with more common back injuries or disorders, such as mechanical conditions of the spine that can lead to chronic back pain, as well as pain associated with the neck, arm, leg or pinched nerves.
Complex Spine Care: At Holy Cross Hospital, our team also offers special expertise in the management of more complex issues back and neck problems, such as:
- Spinal cord and spinal column tumors
- Traumatic injury to the back and neck - spinal damage and spinal cord injury, affecting disks, nerves, muscles, ligaments or bones
- Infections of the spine