Holy Cross Hospital’s Senior Health Care Services
Advancing Senior Health
|SENIORITY: Holy Cross Hospital's Comprehensive Approach to Senior Care
What makes Holy Cross Hospital’s senior health services unique?
- Nationally recognized leadership in innovative programs for older adults
- A dedicated team of experts with specialized training and experience in geriatric health care
- Seniority—a comprehensive approach to care for patients 65 and older, their families and caregivers
There are no other hospitals in Maryland that can match the scope of our senior services. At Holy Cross Hospital, you will find everything from a senior health and wellness program and the nation’s first center for geriatric emergency medical services—to top quality inpatient, outpatient and home care. In 2014, US News and World Report ranked Holy Cross Hospital as one of the best in the region and recognized the hospital's high performance in geriatrics.
We help you keep your mind and body fit, treat both simple and complex health problems—and help ease the burden of illness on you and your family.
Holy Cross Hospital is committed to bringing the best health care available anywhere to seniors in our community. A simple philosophy guides all we do: Put quality and compassion first, and always respect our patients’ dignity, safety and comfort.
Holy Cross Hospital senior health services:
- The nation’s first Seniors Emergency Center, a dedicated space designed to reduce anxiety, promote comfort and provide top quality care
- Seniors Surgery Center, offering ambulatory surgery and inpatient surgery focused on older patients, their families and caregivers
- Inpatient Senior Care Services dedicated to quality, patient-centered care through our participation in the national senior health initiative NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders)—and featuring a special Acute Care for Elders (ACE) Program
- Home-based Services to support patients who need care at home during illness or recovery
- Fitness and wellness programs to help seniors get and stay healthy through exercise, wellness education, health screenings and special events
- Disease prevention and management services help seniors better manage chronic illness—and prevent complications and injury
- Resources for caregivers and families, including support groups and an extensive on-site resource library
- End-of-life care that promotes quality of life at every stage of illness, and supports patients and families as they face end-of-life issues