Holy Cross Hospital Maternity Center—Experience and Excellence for Mothers and Newborns
The Maternity Center at Holy Cross Hospital, located in Silver Spring, pairs compassionate care with state-of-the-art technology to deliver highly sophisticated maternity care to thousands of women in the region. We care for 8,600 newborns every year, making us Maryland's most experienced maternity hospital. Our team of specially trained maternity experts is focused entirely on mothers and newborns and on helping parents have a healthy pregnancy and birth.
Holy Cross Hospital offers a full scope of maternity services including:
- Prenatal care at our Ob/Gyn clinic for mothers in need.
- Labor and delivery rooms, as well as cesarean suites.
- Private maternity suites with comfortable furniture, a private bathroom, cable television, free wireless Internet access and room for one adult support person to stay overnight with the mother.
- Bassinets in each private suite to encourage “rooming in” with your newborn.
- Open visitation, 24-hours-a-day, seven days a week.
- Special services, such as access to our Newborn Channel, sign language and foreign language interpretation, and “At Your Request" room service that allows new mothers to order meals from an extensive menu.
- A Perinatal Diagnostic Center for women requiring special care because of a possible high-risk birth.
- The High-Risk Perinatal Center that provides expert 24-hour-a-day care for women who require hospitalization during their pregnancy.
- A 46-bed, highly advanced Level IIIB neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) — the largest in the state and the only Silver Spring, Md., newborn ICU — which cares for more critically ill infants than any other NICU in Maryland.
- A wide array of educational opportunities, including birthing classes, exercise classes during and after pregnancy, as well as parenting classes. (Classes in Spanish also available.)
- A free weekly e-mail newsletter, The Parent Review, tailored to expectant and new mothers during each month of their pregnancy and the first year of their baby's life.
- Our "Let's Talk Babies" Facebook page for moms and moms-to-be.
To learn more more about Holy Cross Hospital, click here.
To learn more about Holy Cross Health's Maternity Services, click here.