Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring: The Area’s Most Experienced Emergency Care
Holy Cross Hospital is the largest hospital emergency services provider in Montgomery and Prince George's counties, and the fourth largest hospital emergency room in Maryland. Nearly 90,000 acutely ill patients are treated annually at Holy Cross Hospital’s Silver Spring Md., emergency room.
Holy Cross Hospital’s emergency medical center provides a wide range of emergency services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week—including several highly regarded specialized emergency services that have earned the hospital a reputation as a pioneer in emergency care:
- Express Care for patients with less serious medical illnesses and injuries to reduce wait time and speed treatment.
- An observation room for patients requiring monitoring over time.
- The nation’s first and the region's only Seniors Emergency Center, a model of emergency care for seniors that tailors services and amenities to meet the unique needs of people age 65 and older.
- Pediatric Emergency Care provided around-the-clock by board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
- Primary Stroke Center designation by The Joint Commission and the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS), which means we provide rapid, 24-hour-a-day, lifesaving treatment from a team of stroke acute care hospital experts.
- Cardiac Interventional Center designation by the MIEMSS, which means we treat the most severe type of heart attack.
To learn more about Holy Cross Hospital, click here.
To learn more about Holy Cross Health's Emergency Services, click here.