Compassionate, Comprehensive Maternity Care at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital
Holy Cross Germantown Hospital, which opened on October 1, 2014, is the first maternity hospital in Germantown, Maryland. The hospital features a broad range of maternity services—and, like Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, Holy Cross Germantown Hospital’s Maternity Center is staffed by a team of maternal health experts who are focused entirely on the care of mothers and their newborns.
Maternity services at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital include:
- A prenatal care clinic.
- Home-like private maternity suites with comfortable furniture, a private bathroom, cable television, free wireless Internet access and room for a support person to stay overnight.
- Bassinets in each private suite to encourage “rooming in” with your newborn.
- Full service labor and delivery rooms and cesarean-section operating rooms.
- A fully-equipped Level IIB Neonatal Unit—a newborn care center.
- Special services, such as sign language and foreign language interpretation, and “At Your Request" room service that allows new mothers to order meals from an extensive menu.
- Open visitation, 24-hours-a-day, seven days a week.
- Complimentary prenatal tours.
- A wide array of parenting and prenatal classes, including birthing classes, exercise classes during and after pregnancy, as well as parenting classes. (Classes in Spanish also available.)
- A free weekly e-mail newsletter, “The Parent Review,” tailored to expectant and new mothers during each month of their pregnancy and the first year of their baby's life.
To learn more about Holy Cross Germantown Hospital, click here.
To learn more about Holy Cross Health's Maternity Services, click here.