Senior Health and Wellness
Holy Cross Hospital’s senior health services aren’t simply here for you when you’re ill—we’ve developed programs to help you keep your mind and body fit—and live a vibrant, healthy life as you grow older.
Our senior health and wellness programs offer you a full range of education and fitness senior resources—everything from exercise for older adults and disease prevention classes, to preventive health screening.
- Holy Cross Hospital Senior Source wellness education center, located in downtown Silver Spring, offers an array of health and wellness educational classes, health screenings and intellectually stimulating programs for active adults ages 55 and older.
- Our Senior Fit Exercise Program is a free strengthening, flexibility and endurance program for adults ages 55 and older offered in more than 30 community-based centers.
- Holy Cross Hospital classes for older adults can teach you everything from line dancing and falls prevention education—to how to improve your memory. And our support groups provide an important resource for older adults where you can share experiences and concerns with others who have experienced the same issues—and learn to live well despite your health problems.
- The Medical Adult Day Center is a structured, safe and nurturing environment for older adults who need supportive services, including memory care and chronic disease management.
- The hospital also offers preventive health screenings to detect health problems early and to prevent some serious illnesses from occurring.