The epilepsy program has gathered together a team of experts to diagnose and treat patients' seizure disorders-and help patients live full and independent lives despite their illness.
We understand that epilepsy and other seizure disorders can affect many aspects of patients' lives - family, work and leisure. That's why we take a team approach to care coordination, treating patients' physical problems, and helping them find solutions to emotional and social issues as well.
The team works collaboratively with one another, patients, families and family physicians to coordinate a host of patient care services.
The Epilepsy Care Team:
- Epileptologists are neurologists specializing in epilepsy diagnosis and treatment.
- Neuroradiologists use sophisticated neuroradiology technology to produce images of the brain.
- Epilepsy neurosurgeons perform surgical procedures to reduce or eliminate seizures.
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians help patients improve functional abilities.
- A care coordinator helps patients through the admitting, diagnostic and treatment processes, providing support, guidance and information throughout their hospitalization.
- Epilepsy monitoring technicians collect data from EEGs, and other tools that help to diagnose epilepsy.
- Nurses care for patients with seizure disorders and help monitor seizure activity.
- Dieticians work with physicians to monitor hospitalized patients who are on a special anti-seizure diet.
For more information about Holy Cross Hospital's Neurosciences services, please fill out our brief contact form, email email@example.com or call 301-754-8266.
To find a physician or to make an appointment, search the physician directory or call 301-754-8800.