What to Bring with You
- Personal identification (such as a driver's license)
- Insurance card(s)
- Copayment or deductible required by your insurance carrier
any prescribed medication(s) you are currently taking
- Your physician's orders
- Any referrals or authorizations required by your insurance carrier
What to Leave at Home
The hospital is not responsible for any patient belongings. We urge you to leave all valuables such as jewelry, watches, wallet, extra money and credit cards (except what is needed for your copayment or deductible) at home.
What to Wear
You may want to wear loose-fitting clothes, which will be more comfortable to put back on following certain procedures. Also, please do not wear makeup on the day of admission.
Who Should Accompany
You If you are having a procedure that requires anesthesia or a sedative, a responsible adult must accompany you when you leave the hospital. You will not be able to drive home or take any other form of transportation by yourself. Please make these arrangements before you arrive.
Holy Cross Hospital charges for parking on our campus. Patients and visitors receive the first 30 minutes of parking free up to a maximum of $7 per day. Valet parking costs $3 for the first hour, up to a maximum of $8 per day.
Patients and visitors who require longer-term parking because of an extended inpatient stay may purchase a longer term pass for $20, valid for seven days from date of purchase. This allows unlimited entry and exit from the garage.
Parking passes may be purchased from the hospital cashier in the main lobby during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Please be aware that street parking in the community surrounding the hospital is by resident permit only. Hospital patients, visitors and meeting participants who park on the community streets risk being ticketed or towed by the county.
Once you arrive on the hospital's campus, signs will direct you to the main entrance. Staff members are located at the information desk just inside the entrance to provide you with a visitor's pass and assist you in getting to your destination.
What to Expect
- Consent forms and policies: All patients are given a number of forms and policies to review and sign on the day of admission. Some patients may receive this paperwork ahead of time from their physician. Please expect to review and sign a consent form and to receive the hospital's notice of privacy practices, patient's rights and responsibilities, and information about advance directives.
- Co-pays: Please be prepared to visit the cashier's office or Patient Registration department on the day of admission to pay any copayment or deductible required by your insurance carrier. This amount should be indicated to you during the pre-registration process; however, we recommend you contact your insurance carrier to confirm any amounts owed prior to services being rendered. You may pay with cash, check or credit card.
Financial Assistance Program
Holy Cross Hospital has a financial assistance program that offers free or discounted services to patients who qualify. The financial assistance application is available in English and Spanish online.