Center of Excellence Delivers Expert Care for Brain Illness, Injury
Holy Cross Hospital's brain care program offers patients advanced diagnostic and treatment services for a range of complex disorders of the brain. A commitment to a team-based approach to care brings neurologists and neurosurgeons together with a host of hospital resources for consultation and collaboration, ensuring the best therapy options for each patient.
This team approach considers the whole person, and recognizes each patient's physical problems, as well as emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
In addition to the hospital's expert neurosurgeons and neurologists, every brain care program patient benefits from the skills and experience of a number of specialists and services.
- Neuroradiologists (imaging with CT, MRI of the brain)
- Oncologists (brain cancer care)
- Pain management physicians (chronic, acute pain relief)
- Rehabilitation physicians, and physical and occupational therapists (restore functional abilities)
- Stroke Center (complete acute stroke care and rehabilitation)
- Comprehensive epilepsy program (complete seizure disorder care)