The hospital relies on the generosity of others to help fulfill its mission of caring for those in need. People like you who give generously throughout your lives really make a difference in our commitment to the community. Your support allows the hospital to touch the future, to create a vision for better health care.
But did you know that by including a charitable gift in your will or estate plan, you can help the hospital to continue its work well into the future? You can continue to make a difference in the lives that follow. Your giving, our work and the lives we touch can be your legacy.
It's easy to arrange. A simple directive in your will or codicil can bring welcome support to Holy Cross Hospital.
Click here to obtain a Declaration of Intent form
Make sure to contact your advisors and ask for help in establishing a charitable bequest or call Megan Carnell at 301-754-7139 to learn more about various ways you can bequeath assets and property to Holy Cross Hospital.
What You Should Know...
Whether you think or yourself as rich or poor or somewhere in between, your bequest can make a difference. Even a small amount can have a big impact over time.
Think Beyond Cash:
- You can leave stock, real estate, insurance policies, savings bonds, checking/saving accounts, and personal property to charity.
- Make Holy Cross Hospital a beneficiary of your life insurance, pension plan or IRA (these gifts can offer significant tax advantages).
- Establish a Charitable Gift Annuity or Charitable Remainder Trust now; receive a lifetime income and provide for charity at the end of the trust term.
- Consider naming Holy Cross Hospital as a contingent beneficiary to receive a gift in the event that another heir predeceases you.
- If you want to support a charity through a bequest, you should do it through your will...a verbal wish to your family is not a legal obligation.
- Priorities change - what was once a thoughtful gift to your heirs may no longer be. Have a conversation with them to determine what is of value to them.
- Family comes first - but your legacy doesn't have to end there. Continue demonstrating to your heirs the importance of "giving back" through a charitable bequest.
Charities rely on annual gifts. You can continue your annual gift to Holy Cross Hospital through an endowment and continue supporting the area of care you hold dear - in perpetuity.