Building a New Generation of Medicine: The Campaign for Holy Cross
Two major Holy Cross Health construction projects are underway as a part of our $400 million capital investment in the community.
Holy Cross Germantown Hospital will be the first new hospital in 35 years in Montgomery County, Maryland. The addition of a new patient care building at Holy Cross Hospital will ensure that patients throughout the hospital have private rooms, modernize and expand surgical areas, and increase parking capacity.
Together these projects will improve access to healthcare, especially among the aging populations; bring hospital services to hundreds of thousands of Marylanders where access is limited; and train the future generation of nurses and other health care workers.
The Establishment of Holy Cross Germantown Hospital:
- When it opens in October 2014, Holy Cross Germantown Hospital will serve the most rapidly growing region in Montgomery County and improve access to high-quality care in an area that has the largest concentration of people without a hospital in the state.
- The hospital will offer emergency, medical, surgical, obstetric and psychiatric care.
- All patient rooms will be private to enhance patient safety and satisfaction, as well as patient, family and visitor comfort.
- The six-story, 237,000-square-foot hospital will feature sustainable design elements to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification.
Learn more about Holy Cross Germantown Hospital.
The Expansion of Holy Cross Hospital:
View photos and renderings on Flickr
- A new seven-story, 234,000 square foot patient care building will ensure that patients throughout the hospital have private rooms.
The surgical areas will be renovated for greater efficiency, space and comfort for physicians, patients and families.
300 new parking spaces were recently added increasing convenience for patients, visitors, physicians and employees.
Learn more about Holy Cross Hospital and its expansion.
For more information about the Holy Cross Health Foundation, please contact Leah Fraley, Executive Director, at 301-754-7707 or Leah.Fraley@holycrosshealth.org.