Team Approach to Spine Care Focuses on Communication, Collaboration
Holy Cross Hospital has assembled a team of experts from a number of medical and surgical specialties who work together to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients with spine disorders - neck and back problems.
Our team approach to care is focused on the whole person. Together, the team develops personalized treatment plans that consider patients' physical and emotional condition, and the effect their spine problem has on their everyday lives.
The care plan may include one or more therapies including surgery, pain management and physical or occupational therapy. Both inpatient and outpatient services are available to spine patients.
The Spine Care Team:
- Neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons evaluate the structure and health of the spine, muscles, disks and nerves. They locate the source of back pain, and perform a wide range of procedures to treat spine conditions.
- Neuroradiologists use imaging technologies, such as a CT scan, MRI, and X-ray, to visualize and diagnose disorders of the spine.
- Rheumatologists diagnose and treat swelling or pain that may indicate arthritis and other diseases of the joints, muscles or bones.
- Physical therapists help patients manage back pain and recover function following surgery using exercise, body mechanics instruction and manual therapy.
- Pain management specialists manage back or neck pain using various therapies or medications.