In our view, the hospital you join should be a clear leader.
- It should have a history of proven experience.
- It should be stable, yet progressive.
- Community-focused, yet globally competitive.
- Its accomplishments should demonstrate not only a dedication to advancing the art of patient care, but a commitment to providing the most satisfying careers.
Our Home in Montgomery County, Maryland
Our county is known for the high quality of its health care community. The county offers the services of seven major hospitals as well as the world-renowned expertise of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Naval Medical Center.
The area's excellence in medical education is reflected in its many top ranked universities, colleges and nursing schools. It is within this rich medical region that Holy Cross Hospital distinguishes itself.
What Sets Us Apart
Holy Cross Hospital stands as one of the largest hospitals in Maryland, as measured by the number of discharged patients.
Holy Cross Hospital...
- Is the only hospital in Maryland to receive the "Workplace Excellence Award" from the Alliance for Workplace Excellence for the last eight years in a row
- Is a 448-bed teaching hospital with specialized expertise in women and infant services, senior services, surgery, neuroscience and cancer
- Completed an historic $90 million expansion and renovation in 2005
- Delivers more babies than any other hospital in Maryland
- Cares for more critically ill newborns than any other hospital in Maryland
- Includes the Holy Cross Hospital Cancer Institute; caring for more cancer inpatients than any other hospital in Montgomery or Prince George's counties
- Cares for more gynecologic and gynecologic oncology surgery patients than any other hospital in Montgomery and Prince George's counties
- Offers a Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) and a dedicated women's surgical unit with private rooms
- Offers a practice model distinguished by close collaboration at all levels
- Is on the way to achieving Magnet status, the authoritative indicator of nursing excellence awarded by the
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Partners with top universities to offer onsite graduate programs in nursing and health care management
- Houses a Professional and Community Education Center, where experts present the latest health care innovations to clinicians and community members
- Is home to the GATE Institute, the Washington, D.C., area's only center focused on minimally invasive surgery training for physicians, nurses and allied health professionals