Congratulations on the birth of your child. We know this is a wonderful and busy time for your family. We know much information was given to you during your hospital stay. To help you during your first days at home, we hope you will find the newborn checklist shown below useful.
Your newborn checklist:
- Birth Certificate/Social Security Card: If you have not already completed your Birth Certificate Worksheet, (included in your admission packet), please contact the Maryland Division of Vital Records at 410-764-3038 or visit www.vsa.state.md.us. For Social Security Card information, please call the Social Security office at 1-800-772-1213. For a copy of a Proof of Birth letter or for any other questions or concerns, please call the Holy Cross Hospital Birth Registrar at 301-754-7185.
- Add Newborn to Insurance: Please contact your insurance company and/or employer to add your newborn to your insurance plan. Please do so within a week of discharge to avoid delays in obtaining insurance coverage for your baby. If you do not have insurance or need financial assistance, please contact our Financial Counseling office at 301-754-7195.
- Follow up appointment with your pediatrician: Please schedule this appointment within a week of your baby’s birth, or as suggested by your pediatrician.
- Follow up appointment with your obstetrician: Please schedule this appointment within six weeks of your delivery, or as directed by your obstetrician.
- If you have questions about breastfeeding, please call our warm line at 301-754-7745, which is a free service for our patients. Questions are answered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- To learn about our parenting classes, call 301-754-8800 or view online.
For any other questions, please call 301-754-7680.
Thank you for choosing Holy Cross Hospital for your child’s birth.