Advanced Techniques, Nationally Recognized Expertise in Spine and Brain Neurosurgery
The comprehensive neuroscience program at Holy Cross Hospital includes a team of highly skilled neurosurgeons under the leadership of Zachery Levine, MD — a nationally respected innovator of cutting-edge neurosurgical techniques.
Team of Experts
Dr. Levine has built one the area’s most distinguished program with a team of five top surgeons, who are supported by a cadre of specially trained neuroscience experts. Together they deliver critical diagnostic, medical and supportive care to help patients prepare and recover from neurosurgery treatment.
Patients benefit from a depth of training and expertise that is unique for a community hospital and comparable to the quality and sophistication of any academic medical center. The team includes:
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Rehabilitation Medicine physicians
The team works hand-in-hand, employing the most current techniques available to accurately diagnose and treat disorders of the spine and brain that require surgical treatment.
A Range of Diagnoses
While non-surgical options are always the first choice for therapy, there is a range of more complex problems of the brain or spine that are best addressed with neurosurgery treatment, including:
- Neurologic disease, such as Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor and dystonia
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Aneurysm and AVM repair
- Benign and malignant tumors of the spine and brain
- Vascular brain disorders, brain injury and structural brain conditions
- Diseases, fractures and conditions of the spine
- Stroke and other neurological emergencies
Precise Diagnosis Enhances Outcomes
To help ensure the best possible outcomes for patients, neurosurgeons at Holy Cross Hospital use sophisticated imaging tools to pinpoint abnormalities—“brain mapping” that produces real-time images to guide the surgeon during the procedure and minimize damage to surrounding tissue.
Array of Treatment Options Emphasize Less Invasive Techniques
Today increasing numbers of patients are candidates for minimally invasive neurosurgery techniques—procedures that increase safety, speed recovery—and improve outcomes.
Dr. Levine and his team have special expertise in some of the most advanced neurosurgical techniques including:
- Microsurgical techniques for complex spinal and skull-based surgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation to treat Parkinson’s Disease and other movement disorders
- Stereotactic radiosurgery that delivers radiation directly to the affected area
- Advanced endovascular techniques, such as coiling and endovascular stent repair for aneurysms and related conditions
- Electrophysiological monitoring during surgery to reduce risks for nerve damage
For more information about Holy Cross Hospital's Neurosciences services, please fill out our brief contact form, email email@example.com or call 301-754-8266.
To find a physician or to make an appointment, search the physician directory or call 301-754-8800.