Advanced Pain Management Provides Relief from Acute and Chronic Pain
Patients with illness and injury of the spine, head and neck can experience pain that affects the quality of their day-to-day lives - and impedes their full recovery. The Holy Cross Hospital Pain Management Center provides these patients with complete evaluation and diagnosis - and offers them treatment options to provide long-lasting relief.
The Pain Clinic Care Team
- Board-certified anesthesiologists who specialize in pain management
- Nurses/nurse practitioners with expertise in pain management
- Physical therapists
- Radiology technicians
Treating a Variety of Pain Problems
- Cervical (neck) and lumbar (back) spinal disc disease and disc displacement
- Joint disease, also called arthropathies, such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
- Disorders of the nervous system
- Pain caused by cancer of the brain or spine
- Pain as a result of spinal injury
Advanced Treatment Options
- Pain management with medication, including the use of innovative drug delivery technology, such as a drug pump or a patch worn on the skin
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar interlaminar epidural steroid injections to decrease inflammation
- Joint injections to reduce inflammation caused by arthritis, gout, tendinitis and bursitis
- Localized anesthetic injections, such as sympathetic nerve blocks
- Implantation of spinal cord stimulators that use electrical signals to control chronic pain
- Physical therapy to restore muscle strength, balance and coordination
- Psychotherapy to deal with the emotional effects of chronic pain
Patients also have access to many other hospital specialists, such as neurologists, neurosurgeons and spine experts if they require additional services.
For more information about Holy Cross Hospital's Neuroscience services, please fill out our brief contact form, email email@example.com or call 301-754-8800.
To find a physician or to make an appointment, search the physician directory or call 301-754-8800.