Upon your arrival to the hospital, we recommend that you leave your suitcase in the trunk of your vehicle until you have delivered your baby and have been admitted to your recovery suite.
Pack a small separate bag for items you will need in labor, such as a camera, socks, massage tools and a music device.
- 6 to 8 pairs of maternity or loose panties
- Toiletries such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, washcloth, shampoo, brush
- Clothes for mom to wear home (something loose)
- Clothes and receiving blanket for baby to wear home
- Car seat - You are responsible for using a car seat that is appropriate for the age and size of your newborn to transport your baby home from the hospital. It is recommended that you have the car seat or base installed by a certified technician about one month prior to your due date.
- The name of the pediatrician you have chosen to care for your baby. We will notify him or her once your baby is born.
- Nursing gowns
- Nursing bras
- Hairdryer (may be used in the recovery suites)
- Long distance calling card (cell phones cannot be used in some patient care areas, including the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
What the Hospital Provides
- Nursing hospital gowns (to use while you are in the hospital)
- Sanitary pads
- 3 pairs of quick-rinse fishnet panties
- Diapers and wipes for the baby
- Cap for the baby
What to Leave at Home
All valuables, including personal items (money, jewelry, documents or other articles of value) should be left at home.