Holy Cross Germantown Hospital features a broad range of maternity services — and, like Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, is staffed by a team of maternal health experts who are focused entirely on the care of mothers and their newborns.
Maternity Services at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital include:
- Home-like private maternity suites with comfortable furniture, a private bathroom, cable television, free wireless Internet access and room for a support person to stay overnight.
- Bassinets in each private suite to encourage “rooming in” with your newborn.
- Full service labor and delivery rooms and cesarean-section operating rooms.
- A fully-equipped Neonatal Unit—a newborn care center.
- Special services, such as sign language and foreign language interpretation, and “At Your Request" room service that allows new mothers to order meals from an extensive menu.
- Open visitation hours.
- Complimentary prenatal tours.
- A wide array of parenting and prenatal classes, including birthing classes, exercise classes during and after pregnancy, as well as parenting classes. (Classes in Spanish also available.)
- A free weekly e-mail newsletter, “The Parent Review,” tailored to expectant and new mothers during each month of their pregnancy and the first year of their baby's life.
- A prenatal care clinic for women in need.