Holy Cross Hospital is not only a leader in health care, we are a dedicated teaching hospital. That means in addition to advancing the art of patient care, we offer a supportive learning-focused environment that encourages professional growth and development.
A Spectrum of Learning and Professional Development Advantages
- Partnerships with area universities to offer onsite graduate programs in health care management.
- Internal opportunities for onsite and online training.
- Nursing Simulation Laboratory.
- Home to the GATE Institute, the Washington, D.C., area's only center focused on minimally invasive surgery training for physicians, nurses and allied health professionals.
- The advantages of a Professional and Community Education Center, where experts present the latest health care innovations to clinicians and community members by using state-of-the-art technology.
- Orientation Programs - Comprehensive preparation for all those who join us.
- Role-specific, competency-based Nursing Orientation Programs.
Tuition Assistance - Up to $3,000 for full-time employees per fiscal year toward approved educational courses, and up to $1,500 for eligible part-time employees.
For Nursing Students and New Nursing Grads
We offer many programs that are designed to provide excellent training, career direction and development for those in nursing school and those who have earned their degree.
For RN Staff
The career growth and professional development options continue once you are a nurse employed with us.
For Allied Health Professionals
- School of Radiologic Technology: A two-year accredited program in radiologic technology for those interested in pursuing training and/or a future in the radiological sciences.
- Radiologic Technology Certificate Program: For those interested in pursuing the training field. Prepares students for professional practice as well as for the Board Exam from the American Registry of Radiologic Technology.