Holy Cross Hospital offers experienced nurses an unusually broad range of career choices as well as career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Critical Care Nursing Course (including Emergency Center)
- Maternity Child Health Nursing Course
Holy Cross Hospital offers a clinical ladder program for nurses designed to reward and recognize excellence in clinical practice. The program recognizes and provides opportunities for professional growth, emphasizes teamwork, supports the utilization of evidence-based practice and enhances patient care.
All nurses are eligible for advancement if they work a minimum of 1040 hours annually, have satisfactory completed a probationary period, receive a satisfactory rating on the last performance evaluation and receive manager endorsement. The non-sequential clinical ladder levels are:
- Registered Nurse II: 30 professional development hours with a maximum of six continuing education hours
- Registered Nurse III: 50 professional development hours with a maximum of twelve continuing education hours
- Registered Nurse IV: 70 professional development hours with a maximum of eighteen continuing education hours
All levels require an application process. Professional self-development hours can be achieved through various activities. The applicant must reflect the principles of the Quality-Caring Model in his or her professional portfolio. A few examples of accepted professional activities include hospital committee participation, quality improvement initiatives, patient/family education development, clinical research or professional membership.