Compassionate, Comprehensive Maternity Care at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital
Holy Cross Germantown Hospital, which opened on October 1, 2014, is the first maternity hospital in Germantown, Maryland. The hospital features a broad range of maternity services—and, like Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, Holy Cross Germantown Hospital’s Maternity Center is staffed by a team of maternal health experts who are focused entirely on the care of mothers and their newborns.
Maternity services at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital include:
- A prenatal care clinic.
- Home-like private maternity suites with comfortable furniture, a private bathroom, cable television, free wireless Internet access and room for a support person to stay overnight.
- Bassinets in each private suite to encourage “rooming in” with your newborn.
- Full service labor and delivery rooms and cesarean-section operating rooms.
- A fully-equipped Level IIB Neonatal Unit—a newborn care center.
- Special services, such as sign language and foreign language interpretation, and “At Your Request" room service that allows new mothers to order meals from an extensive menu.
- Open visitation, 24-hours-a-day, seven days a week.
- Complimentary prenatal tours.
- A wide array of parenting and prenatal classes, including birthing classes, exercise classes during and after pregnancy, as well as parenting classes. (Classes in Spanish also available.)
- A free weekly e-mail newsletter, “The Parent Review,” tailored to expectant and new mothers during each month of their pregnancy and the first year of their baby's life.
- Our "Let's Talk Babies" Facebook page for moms and moms-to-be.
To learn more about Holy Cross Germantown Hospital, click here.
To learn more about Holy Cross Health's Maternity Services, click here.