Holy Cross Germantown Hospital, opened on October 1, 2014, provides the same high-quality, compassionate care you have come to expect from the award-winning Holy Cross Hospital services in Silver Spring.
This brand new six-story hospital is staffed by a team of highly skilled health care professionals who provide expert inpatient services, convenient outpatient care and community health programs to adults and children from throughout the region.
Medical and Surgical Services
- All of our patient rooms are private for added privacy and comfort and allow 24/7 visiting hours.
- The new, full-service emergency department provides a full range of service for seriously ill or injured patients and for those with less serious illness or injury. An adjacent observation unit is available for patients who require additional monitoring.
- The hospital features a full scope of medical services, including special units for dialysis services, a 15-bed Intensive Care Unit, and two 30-bed units for all non-intensive care patients equipped with advanced patient monitoring capabilities and a Behavioral Health unit for psychiatric care.
- Inpatient rehabilitation services also are offered at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital, including physical therapy, occupational theory and speech-language pathology.
- Surgical care is available at the hospital across a broad range of specialties. Surgical services feature a pre-surgery testing department, Pre- and Post-Operative area and Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). The service includes full-service operating rooms, as well as procedure rooms for endoscopy and interventional radiology.
- Our comprehensive maternity services provide outpatient prenatal care to keep women healthy throughout their pregnancies—and an inpatient maternity center staffed by a team of highly-skilled specialists in women and infant care. Labor and delivery rooms, cesarean surgical suites, private postpartum rooms and an eight-bed neonatal care unit provide sophisticated care centered on the health of mothers and babies.
Medical Office Building
An on-site medical office building is being built adjacent to the hospital and will offer services to meet a full range of community health needs.
A Unique Educational Partnership
Holy Cross Germantown Hospital strengthens our unique educational partnership with Montgomery College. The hospital, which serves as the anchor for the Hercules Pinkney Life Sciences Park at Montgomery College on its Germantown campus, is a valuable resource for aspiring health care workers and provides students with hands-on learning, state-of-the-art instructional space and exposure to the most advanced medical technology.
Holy Cross Germantown Hospital is the first hospital in the nation located on a community college campus with an educational partnership–to help train the next generation of health care professionals.
Holy Cross Germantown Hospital | 19801 Observation Drive | Germantown, Maryland 20876