The remarks, video and photos below highlight special events held to commemorate the hospital's 50th anniversary.
50th Anniversary Reception
The hospital's leadership and elected officials reflected on Holy Cross Hospital's 50 years of service to the community during a special reception on January 9.
View the remarks and video from this event:
- The Honorable Congressman Christopher Van Hollen, U.S. Representative, 8th District—Md
- The Honorable Isiah Leggett, montgomery County Executive
- Kevin Sexton, president and chief executive officer, Holy Cross Health
- Judith Rogers, president, Holy Cross Hospital
- Edward Bersoff, Chair, Board of Trustees, Holy Cross Health
- Sister Ruth Marie Nickerson, C.S.C, Member, Board of Trustees, Holy Cross Hospital and Area Coordinator of North America, Sisters of the Holy Cross
50th Anniversary Mass of Thanksgiving
Holy Cross Hospital also held a Mass of Thanksgiving on Sunday, January 13.
View reflection by Sister Rachel Callahan, C.S.C., delivered in her absence by Sister Kathleen Weber, C.S.C.
These photos were taken during the special reception, Mass of Thanksgiving and an employee event to celebrate the hospital's 50th anniversary. Enjoy the slideshow below, or view larger photos with captions on our Flickr photostream.